swapping shadow screen data

Jeff Rugen jrugen at primenet.com
Wed Mar 24 15:52:52 EST 1999

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Now all accesses to the shadow screen are done through scr_{read,write}w(), the
> tests for conswitchp in include/asm-ppc/vga.h should be removed. Can someone
> with both vgacon and fbcon in his/her kernel please verify that both vgacon and
> fbcon keep on working?
>
> Thx!

Ok, I used this as an excuse to go back to the vger stuff.  On a Motorola
PowerStack, with my clgenfb patch (but without any modifications to
fbcon-cfbXX.c), I compiled with vgacon in the kernel and fbcon as a module.
(I applied the patch Geert had included on the email I'm replying to as
well).  8-bit works fine.  I'm having problems with 16- and 32-bit modes,
but I have them with the 2.2.2 I was using before as well.  I think my
problems are in my clgenfb.c modifications though.

Jeff Rugen                      jrugen at primenet.com

..Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you
would not have been informed.