Kernel panic on 2.2.3-ac4 PPC...

Thomas Capricelli capricel at enst.fr
Tue Mar 23 21:35:17 EST 1999

>When I boot the 2.2.3-ac4 kernel I get the following message (I had to write
>it down so it isn't the whole message... let me know if there are portions
>that are more helpful).
>
>Machine check in kernel mode.
>Caused by (from msr): regs c055ddc0 Machine check signal - probably due to
>mm fault with mmu off
>TASK = c055c000[1] 'swapper' mm->pgd c00dc000 Last syscall:120

I had got this king of message while trying to boot the 2.2.1 last week.
Problems were happening duing "machine check in kernel mode" and were in some
init_* function like "serial" or "rtc". The only thing i've done is removing
them from the main kernel (module or out), and it was fine.

Thomas

--

Thomas Capricelli	<capricel at enst.fr>
http://www.ecoledoc.lip6.fr/~capricel/