SCSI crashes with vger

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sat Mar 20 04:12:31 EST 1999

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999, Tom Rini <tmrini at ntplx.net> wrote:

>The patch that "fixed" things before was incorrect and added in some
>cli()s i think.  The actual fix shouldn't be too hard to yank out of
>patch-2.2.2, on any of the kernel.org mirrors.

I didn't find any patch in the scsi code that looks like what you
describe in 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 patches on kernel.org, but the fix may have
been elsewhere...

As far as I know, the problem is a page fault in the interrupt handler of
the NCR driver, when completing a request. I'm not familiar enough with
both the scsi subsystem and linux vm to conclude anything from that, but
I'm still trying to figure out what's happening. Some help (directions to
look into) would be welcome, I'll post a more detailed report of what I
found until now later today.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>