Xbh X server/adding acceleration to XF68_FBDev

Jeff Rugen jrugen at primenet.com
Wed Mar 17 14:52:44 EST 1999

Well, I've done some more work on the Xbh X server for 16- and 32-bit
support.  I've added some acceleration to the 16- and 32-bit modes, so they
no longer flicker like they did (basically just got the 8-bit stuff
working with the different modes).  32-bit mode seems to work for me (using
fvwm2 and a few applications), but 16-bit mode needs some work.  It's
started though.

This time I put the source with the executable.  Its all at:
ftp://linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu/pub/linuxppc/patches/Xbh-16bit-glibc2x

Now, the reason I included the Framebuffer list is I was interested in
adding acceleration for the clgen framebuffer in the XF68_FBDev server.
What source should I use as a starting point?  (I have the 3.3.3 server-only
source right now).  I'll also use that as an excuse to verify that 32-bit
modes really work with clgenfb.  Thanks.

Jeff Rugen                      jrugen at primenet.com

...Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you
would not have been informed.