PBG3Series and pre-R5:a lot further

Batmensch hcaley at loomer.com
Mon Mar 8 23:58:36 EST 1999

I tried this XF86Config on my PB G3 Series, and although it starts up, it is
still running in Open Firmware (non-accelerated mode).

Did you try running fbset -i while the Xserver is up?

I could be wrong, but it seems to me I remember reading somewhere that you
can't run XF68_FBDev in accelerated mode when the console is running Ofb.

Xpmac is much faster than Ofb; try moving an open window around.

Hugh

E-Mail: Batmensch <hcaley at loomer.com>
Date: 08-Mar-99
Time: 07:51:55