Help: Porting PCI driver from Linux/Intel -> PPC

Ryan Nielsen ran at krazynet.com
Fri Jun 25 05:41:38 EST 1999

Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Now I try to insmod my driver, which reads the configuration space (using calls
> to pci_read_config_dword) and dumps it, reads irq and board revision, reads the
> base adresses of the five io regions, and reads one io address via inl().  The
> last operation leads to a panic:

you might need to enable memory with somthing like:
	u16 cmd;

	/* on OpenFirmware machines (PowerMac at least), PCI memory cycle */
	/* response on cards with no firmware is not enabled by OF */
	pci_read_config_word(dev, PCI_COMMAND, &cmd);
	cmd |= PCI_COMMAND_MEMORY;
	pci_write_config_word(dev, PCI_COMMAND, cmd);