Yes I know. . .

Jimasta at aol.com Jimasta at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 16:45:59 EST 1999

this issue has been discussed ad nausea, BUT I have to ask.  How can I
get any sound playback on my Wallstreet PB G3 250 ?  I have no speaker
playback (i.e. digital sound *.wav, *.au etc...) and my CD-ROM bay
doesn't play through the speakers or line-out, for that matter, (the
?kcd?  shows the tracks playing and the time progressing but, _no_
sound).  I _do_ however get the 'system' beep (although I think the
mechanism for that sound output is different than digital sound out).
And yes I have rebooted my Mac with the sound input on "None", "Built-In
Mic" and "Expansion Bay".

I'm running R4 with kernel "vmlinux-2.3.6-990616".

BTW, Ben, have you ever gotten an positive response with the
expansion-bay ZIP fix you posted ? (it didn't work for me and I've used
all the kernels 2.1.125 thru 2.3.6)

Thanx,

-Jim

              JJ
            JJ J
           JJ  J ii
           J   J i
      ***  J  J        mmmmm
            JJJ   i   mm m m
             J   i    m mm m          **********
            J    ii  m  m mm  **********************
           JJ            **************       *********
*****  JJJJ     ***************                    ****
**************************                           **
**  *************                                    **
**                                                   **
**                             ..X..xxx.,.Xx         **
**                           ...XXXXWWWWWWWWXXX      **
**                       ....XXXW" M8N8GGG8^M"MXX    **
**          ***********"XXXXXXW"   W88WWWW8 at 8  BBXX. **
*************                MM:...  W88888W:...mmMMR**
                                "MMm..M..M._mMM" :
       there are no endings,   **********  *****