ppp compression module aliases?

Barrie Spence barrie at calvin.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 04:56:02 EST 1999

puetzk6715 at uni.edu wrote:

> The easiest way to get all this stuff right is
>
> modprobe -c > /etc/conf.modules
>
> the -c argument causes modprobe to print a complete conf.modules (less
> any
> strange stuff specific to your machine), so I just redirect it to the
> file. The installer should do this, though...

Why should it? (when it isn't necessary). The -c switch tells
modprobe to list its compiled-in configuration, so there
is no point in dumping it all to the config file. Adding
the aliases for the ppp-compress options is all that is
needed.

Barrie

--
Barrie Spence			Sanity Clause? There is no Sanity Clause
Home: barrie at calvin.demon.co.uk		Telephone +44 1506 442304
Play: b.spence at computer.org