ppp compression module aliases?

puetzk6715 at uni.edu puetzk6715 at uni.edu
Wed Jun 23 03:08:54 EST 1999

The easiest way to get all this stuff right is

modprobe -c > /etc/conf.modules

the -c argument causes modprobe to print a complete conf.modules (less any
strange stuff specific to your machine), so I just redirect it to the
file. The installer should do this, though...

Hmm... or did you mean modprobe left these out of its generated file when
you said 'modprobe doesn't know these aliases'. It only (as far as I know)
follows directives in the file, not other ones it knows.