Motorola MPC8240 Sandpoint embedded linux

Nye Liu nyet at nbase.com
Sat Jun 19 09:09:13 EST 1999

I have just started work on the MPC8240 Sandpoint platform (its
basically an 603e with some integrated peripherals) but this is my first
try at embedded linux devel. I have plenty of experience getting psos
and vxworks running on a few different processors, but I am unfamiliar
with the internals of how linux is booted.

I'm using ESTC's cheapo visionICE emulator solution, and would
appriciate any help with getting this thing up and running.

The main problems that I see are:

Its not CHRP or PREP.

No prom, so i need to:
Set up the memory map.
Program the EPIC.

Verify that the current serial drivers work with the Sandpoint's NS
PC87308.

Please email me directly, as I am not subscribed to this list, although
i do read it regularly on the linuxppc site.

nyet at nbase.com