Q: control is a C&T 65550?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Fri Jun 11 07:14:51 EST 1999

On   8 Jun, this message from Daniel Jacobowitz echoed through cyberspace:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 04:00:48PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> >
>> > It's my understanding that it's not.  No one has any documentation on
>> > it to my knowledge... I'd love to add hardware cursor support, which
>> > I'm fairly sure it has, to controlfb.  But I can't do it without some
>> > sort of reference.
>>
>> Move the cursor under MacOS and see which registers or video memory addresses
>> change?
>
> That's one of those if-i-had-more-time things - and more specifically,
> if I knew how to dump video regs under macos.  Is it trivial?

Not with my favourite tool: MacsBug. Problem is that MacsBug includes
some kind of control driver, that is able to switch control into its
own mode, preserving the original VRAM contents from MacOS... except
the cursor, of course. So, when you look at control's registers with
MacsBug, you see MacsBug's values, not MacOS'.

Michel