Q: control is a C&T 65550?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Fri Jun 11 06:57:32 EST 1999

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 10:51:08PM +0200, Michel Lanners wrote:
> - The RAMDAC is an Apple ASIC as well, named RaDaCal, integrating the
> RAMDAC, CLUT and a hardware cursor device. Use and programming of the
> hardware cursor are yet undocumented. The known details are that the
> cursor needs to be drawn by the OS as some kind of sprite, in an
> offscreen VRAM portion reserved at the end of each scanline. The
> vertical position needs to be drawn at the right offset, whereas the
> horizontal position of the cursor is taken care of by RaDaCal, probably
> by setting the horizontal position info in a register. Vertical
> movements therefore need a redraw by the OS.

I intend to see what I can do about documenting the hardware cursor.
With all the excellent advice I've gotten, I expect it won't be too
difficult.

> Obviously, all of the above information can be totally wrong ;-). If
> there is any Apple engineer in the audience who knows better, please do
> speak up!

Unfortunately, the Apple engineers in the audience aren't allowed to :(

Dan

|         dan at debian.org         |  |       dmj+ at andrew.cmu.edu      |