Dual PPGA to slot 1 interface card

Wade Parker wparker at accrad.com
Wed Jun 9 23:17:10 EST 1999

I saw this news release for a new type of multiprocessor configuration and
though I'd pass it on to the list.  The product claims to convert any
single processor slot 1 motherboard into a dual processor Celeron PPGA
system.  I didn't know which listed this would be most appropriate for this
one or the Beowulf list.

http://www.qdi.ca/release/release990604.htm

Could someone who knows more about the hardware requirements for SMP take a
quick look at this adapter's spec sheet?  IF it works in a single processor
board would it make a dual slot one into a quad PPGA? ( the big if ) IF so
then what about a quad board to an eight processor configuration?

C'Ya Laters                         .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X
Wade Parker                        // \\  >Don't fear the penguin<
wadep at swbell.net Home             /(   )\
wpakrer at accrad.com Work            ^^-^^

"The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which
to burn."  David Russell