Q: control is a C&T 65550?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Tue Jun 8 23:58:44 EST 1999

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 07:51:39AM -0400, Jason Y. Sproul wrote:

> Is it correct that the /chaos/control chip is essentially a Chips &
> Technologies 65550? If so, does anyone have the variances from the 65550
> datasheet, and if not, what the heck is it? :^)

It's my understanding that it's not.  No one has any documentation on
it to my knowledge... I'd love to add hardware cursor support, which
I'm fairly sure it has, to controlfb.  But I can't do it without some
sort of reference.

Dan

|         dan at debian.org         |  |       dmj+ at andrew.cmu.edu      |