gdb 4.18-1

Gary Thomas gdt at linuxppc.org
Mon Jun 7 09:31:53 EST 1999

On 06-Jun-99 Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Gdb 4.18-1 (from Debian potato) doesn't seem to beable to debug anymore :-(
>
>| [21:40:51]/home/geert/em86# gdb em86
>| GNU gdb 4.18
>| Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>| GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
>| welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
>| Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>| There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
>| This GDB was configured as "powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"...
>| (gdb) run
>| Starting program: /export/home0/geert/em86/em86
>| Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>| (gdb)
>
> Any clues?

Where did you get GDB-4.18?  I had to make _many_ patches to
get Linux/PPC support in there.

You can pick this up (the SRPM at least) from:
  ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/linuxppc/users/gdt/

BTW - I'll be passing these changes on to the GDB maintainers soon.

Gary Thomas                              |
email: gdt at linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |