How DOES OF Work? (ie multi-OS woes)

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at mvista.com
Sat Jul 31 08:09:27 EST 1999

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Ira K. Weiny wrote:

> I think the general concensus on this issue is the USERS want BootX or
> something easy while the Developers and "Power Users," if you will, want to
> have the flexibility of OF.

I disagree on all counts here.  It really doesn't have anything to do with
whether yuo're an average user or a developer/power user.  OF is a pain in
the backside.  Virtually its only advantages are for A. netbooting, B.
fanatically eliminating MacOS from your machine, C. running a server or
other machine that will (almost) exclusively run Linux, or D. using a
machine that can't run MacOS.  Most of the rest of us won't touch OF with
a ten meter cattle prod.  :-)

> My main question is "HOW THE HECK DOES OF WORK?"

IOW, how does it work when it actually does....  ;-)

David