What's up with Applix and R5

Kevin B. Hendricks kbhend at business.wm.edu
Sat Jul 31 05:39:02 EST 1999

Hi,

Why no Applixware for R5 yet?  I really need a good office package.

I already have ported jdk118 to run on R5 and would be happy to post the
jre for use by Applix before my general release if they need or want it.

I would also be happy to help them with any porting issues (I seem to
remember a call for help on the user or dev list that went unanswered from
somebody affliated with Applix).

I have tried running the fix961212 trick on the Applixware for 4.1 and it
seems to work so far (although I am surprised because jdk116 used some non
glibc 2.1 calls).  I would rather not have to use that trick to get things
running so that development on ppc by Applix does not stop due to problems.

Does anyone from Applixware read this list?  Do you need a jre 1.1.8 for
glibc 2.1?

If not, does anyone have a contact person for the engineer doing the port?

Or any relevant info.

Thanks,

Kevin