Wallstreet sleep, second try

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Wed Jul 28 20:16:10 EST 1999

I've made a little bit more progress regarding sleep on the wallstreet
powerbooks. It's still not working (crashing on wakeup), but the sleep
code seems ok (the ROM reset code now always correctly detect the fact
that the machine went to sleep and never reboots when waking up).

I've been unable to find a way to debug the wakeup for now (I tried
writing things on screen since the external monitor is back as soon as
the machine wakes up and I tried sending things to the SCC, without much
success neither).

If you want to play with the code and eventually find out what's going
on, the curent patches against 2.2.10 are at:
<http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/sleep_test2.tar.gz>. You need to have
xmon compiled into your kernel.

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>