Netatalk bug?, too many routes/iface

a sun asun at saul4.u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 28 05:32:39 EST 1999

   I presume, then, that this is a bug in the Appletalk code in LinuxPPC,
   even though it's numbered 0.18, as compared to 0.17 in the Redhat 5.2
   we're running on our Intel machines.  The Intel machines have no problem
   with our network numbering ranges, which, according to our network
   administrator, can legally go from 1 to 65535.

i think that it might have been an endianness bug, but i'm not
sure. if it still happens with linux-2.2.10, let me know, and i'll
look into it. oh yeah, your administrator is wrong about the range of
possible network numbers. numbers from 65280 to 65534 are reserved for
routerless networks.

-a