Install on SCSI Jazz...

Velasquez, Carlos carlos.velasquez at ssmb.com
Tue Jul 27 01:02:48 EST 1999

Hello,

I just received my LinuxPPC R5 and I must say that the new graphical install
is very very impressive! Good work to you guys.

Now for the problem:
I am trying to install it onto my scsi Jazz drive (already partitioned via
pdisk) but it doesn't. In the 'Format and Mount' section, it recognizes my
drive and it displays all my partitions that I defined. When I choose to
install the packages, it doesn't write (much less access) my drive. Anyone
have any suggestions? I really want to start using it!

Carlos

P.S. I have a Umax S900 with 192 Meg ram, 2 SCSI-2 hard drives, MacOS 8.1,
TwinTurbo 8 meg card.