Is the vger 2.2 kernel branch dead

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Fri Jul 23 17:48:13 EST 1999

Paul> VALETTE Eric <valette at crf.canon.fr> wrote:
>> So why did I get no single comment on patches I submitted?
>> The Prep IDE handling is broken...

Paul> The trouble is that "PReP" is such an ill-defined idea.  I was
Paul> interested to see your patch, but I assume that some other PReP
Paul> machines need it the way it is without your patch.

Without the patch you can still install and run linux
from PPCBUG using the Network BOot command (NBO) and using
local IDE disks but you fail to use the "pboot;a" booting
directly from hard disk (or at power on)...

AND more annoying, of course you must reinstall your disk
if you formatted it using the non correct ide byte swap handling

-- eric