Is the vger 2.2 kernel branch dead

Matt Porter mporter at phx.mcd.mot.com
Fri Jul 23 01:01:11 EST 1999

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, VALETTE Eric wrote:

> Geert> AFAIK Cort is not on vacation. He checks in patches at vger on a daily base.
>
> So why did I get no single comment on patches I submitted?
> The Prep IDE handling is broken...

Define "PReP IDE handling is broken" because it isn't broken on systems
that use only the legacy PIC.  I only see breakage on MPIC Mot. systems
here with positive results on PowerStacks etc...

I assume you are referring to the MCP750 level inversion problem for one.
The other problem is how the pci-ide driver snags interrupt 16 from the
PIB config space on all Mot. Raven/Hawk boards as the IDE interrupt.  I've
got patches for these things. They are not in the patch that Johnnie sent
in because there is an outstanding issue of the MTX IDE driver hanging on
the partition check that I would like to fix as well (even though nobody
should be using IDE if they paid for an MTX :).

--
Matt Porter                                       Motorola Computer Group
matt_porter at mcg.mot.com                           CIBU Linux Support