X : caught signal 11 ?

Simon Piette spiette at generation.net
Wed Jul 21 01:06:08 EST 1999

puetzk6715 at uni.edu wrote:

> > On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Yann Bizeul wrote:
> > >
> > > I've a little bit more informations.
> > > 1) X caught signal 11 and quits each time I go back to a console.
> > > 2) X quits each time XScreensaver is launching
> > >
> > > Iuse the XFree server provided by Release 5
> >
> > I also have problem 1), though I guess I've managed to disable xscreensaver so
> > X does its built-in blanking thing (with no power saving =( ).

I have problem 2), but when I'm disabling xscreensaver! I'm using R5 (final) on
UMAX J700 with an IMS TwinTurbo 128 (2 Mb VRAM) . Power saving does not work in
either ways.

BTW, is anybody knows which arguments to give (for BootX) if I want to remove the
"No video driver" options? I've tried a few combinations (like
video=imsttfb:vmode:17,cmode:16), but even the console is almost unusable. I think
that the only to use the IMS is to check that "No video driver" option.

Simon Piette