X : caught signal 11 ?

Hollis R Blanchard hollis+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 21 00:31:27 EST 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 puetzk6715 at uni.edu wrote:

> Well, I switch on and off all the time (I have 6 console VT's and 2 X
> VT's). I used to get palette problems, but not since I applied anthony
> tong's patch and rebuilt X. It never died (well, it did in my cobbled
> pre-R5, but not in the released LinuxPPC 1999).

I see. What video driver are you using? Yann, you too? As I mentioned, I'm
using platinumfb on a PowerCenter 132. I'm wondering if it's the driver. I
just got Mark Abene's updated driver but haven't had a chance to try it yet
(and won't for the rest of the week). For those of you who want to see if it
fixes anything, I've put it up at
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~hollis/platinumfb.c

-Hollis