USB on "Bronze" PowerBook?

Stephen Travis Pope stp9 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 16 17:16:10 EST 1999

Hello all,

I use Linux PPC v5 on a 400 MHz "Lombard" PowerBook and it's *great* --
my only problem is that I can't use an external USB keyboard and mouse.

Is there a kernel hacker out there who could enlighten me as to the
issues involved in getting this to work? (I'm UNIX kernel literate, but
haven't looked into USB support.)

Are all Mac USB stacks made for the older interface chips?

Is anyone currently working on getting this to work? (If yes, do you
want some help?)

...any reply appreciated...

--

stp