Broken sound?

Jerry Quinn jquinn at nortelnetworks.com
Fri Jul 16 04:16:35 EST 1999

I have a Powercenter 120 with 200Mhz 604e card running vanilla 2.2.10.  Sound
seems to be broken.  I do 'cat junk.au > /dev/audio' and get very interesting
sounding static.  Is there a patch in vger I should be using that hasn't made
it into Linus' tree yet or is this an unfixed problem?  Or is my setup screwed
up?  I've got an end of May installation of R5.

Also, if I send a sound to /dev/audio, it plays through both internal and
external speakers.  If I try to send the sound to /dev/audio1, bash claims it
doesn't exist even though it shows up on 'ls'.

If I try to use 'play', I get an error from sox "sox: Invalid audio buffer
size 0".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jerry Quinn                             Tel: (514) 761-8737
jquinn at nortelnetworks.com               Fax: (514) 761-8505