FBDev-eror: FBIOPUTCMAP, is there a patch ?

Wolfgang Haeuptli haeuptli at x8.net
Wed Jul 14 23:51:52 EST 1999

Hello

I'm fighting with:

Fatal server error:
fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed

which crashes my WM when the screensaver kicks in.
(using cfb16 driver on kernel 2.2.6-15apmac)

some people from the user list suggested to update WindowMaker, but the
problem seems to be in FBDev. (same thing happens in blackbox)
Is there a patch to the kernel sources to fix the problem? (I'd prefer
to recompile the kernel instead of downloading a whole new FBDev-rpm)

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang Haeuptli