A little trouble for MVME2400 boot from HD

Simone Piccardi piccardi at fi.infn.it
Fri Jul 9 08:43:21 EST 1999

Hi,

I would like to boot linux on a MVME2400 from a SCSI HD; I set a primary
partition (it was /dev/sda3, about 3Mb) as 0x041 and made it bootable;
then and I copied a zImage file on it using dd.

The ioi results for the controller are
PPC4-Bug>ioi
I/O Inquiry
Inquiry-Data
   1     0  PC8477      0      $00    Y
<None>
  10    50  NCR53C825   5      $00    N   SEAGATE  ST39140W
1487

But when I gave:
PPC4-Bug>pboot 10 50
3

the result was:
Booting from: NCR53C825, Controller 10, Drive
50
Device Name :
/pci at 80000000/pci1000,3 at 10,0/harddisk at 5,0
System

IPL Size Exceeds Free-Available
Memory:
IPL Size              =AC444000
(&-1404813312)
Free-Available Memory =01F74000
(&32980992)

I'm missing something on the kernel image preparation? Or I have to use
another command?

Thank you in advance.

--
Simone Piccardi
Microsoft is NOT the answer. Microsoft is the Question.