RPX Lite kernel

Scott Wood scott at broadlink.com
Fri Jul 9 06:40:21 EST 1999

Dan Malek wrote:

> Hi Scott.
>
> What type of board and processor do you have?  What is the version
> of the RPX utility program?

The CPU model is MPC850SRZT50.  Version: RPX-Lite BW 850SR 50Mhz/8Mhz Ic ~Dc RPXU v1.39

I finally got the cross-compiler stuff setup (x86->ppc), but in the final linking stage of compiling the kernel, I get a whole
bunch of 'undefined reference to...' errors (whether or not I have 'Set version information on all symbols for modules' defined).
I found that commenting out the offending symbol EXPORT lines in arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c got rid of most of the errors (mostly
isa/pci stuff and a few other things that it seems the RPX board doesn't support, and I also tweaked a Makefile to exclude ADB
support).  The only error left is:

arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(__ksymtab+0x0): undefined reference to `request_irq'

I also get:

uart.c: In function `serial_console_setup':
uart.c:2705: warning: zero-length format string

which doesn't seem critical, but makes me wonder whether console on serial port will work correctly.

I am using the embedded-2.2.5 sources I got from the linuxppc.org ftp site.  I guess they're not completely setup to compile
cleanly for the RPX-Lite (on my x86 RH5.2 system anyway).  I'll try booting your kernel, but in the end I've got to be able to
compile my own.  If all else fails, if I gave you my .config could you build a kernel for me?