PREP IDE support is broken

Matt Porter mporter at phx.mcd.mot.com
Fri Jul 9 02:25:07 EST 1999

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Eric Vallete wrote:

> Do anyone used PREP boards using IDE disk!!! I do.
> Months ago soemone from Moto posted a mail fixing IDE
> support. With the introduction of machine dependendent
> function pointers for ide byte handling, someone broke
> it again.

Yes, we are using CF IDE disks on an MCP750.  Right now we just have some
hacks for supporting the edge/level changes and are working on some clean
code.

I was just looking yesterday at what is the best way to clean up
prep_pci.c so that we can have a machine type available elsewhere as you
mention.  I want to move the machine detection code so it's running
earlier and just have a function to call for the PReP machine type.
Ultimately, I'd like to see board-specific items isolated in separate
files for a more modular architecture.

--
Matt Porter                                       Motorola Computer Group
matt_porter at mcg.mot.com                           CIBU Linux Support