USB under LinuxPPC

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 2 08:45:26 EST 1999

OK, we had some success now. It seems now that when we tried Paul's
2.2.10 kernel the first time, we downloaded it like any newbie in
fetch's 'automatic' mode with the result that it didn't even get to the
penguin. I tried again today, and now Paul's kernel works, USB keyboard
included. Very good feeling after 2 weeks of frustration.

All other kernels we tried didn't work. A vger-2.2.10 kernel I compiled
today did not get to the penguin, and the Blue-G3 kernels from
linuxppc.org as well as the YDL kernel work with an ADB keyboard, but
they don't see the USB keyboard.

Thanks
--
Martin