iMac: sound?

Gerd Knorr kraxel at goldbach.in-berlin.de
Sun Jan 31 01:24:20 EST 1999

  Hi !

Is the existing Amiga/PowerMac DMAsound driver supported to work on the
iMac too?  Simply insmoding it seems not to work, I get these messages in
the syslog:

	AWACS: error, status = 4f00d0
	DMA sound driver: Interrupt initialization failed

In /proc/device-tree/pci/mac-io/davbus/sound I've found:

$ for a in *; do echo "$a: `cat $a`"; done | tee ~/y
#input-channels:
#output-channels:
compatible: burgundy
device-id:
device_type: sound
input-encoding-types: 16bit-BE-signed-linear
input-frame-rates:
model: 343S0177
name: sound
output-encoding-types: 16bit-BE-signed-linear
output-frame-rates:
sample-frame-size:
sample-precisions:
sub-frame:
vendor-id:

Any hints?  Is there a change to make sound work with some tweaking in
dmasound.c or this something completely different?

  Gerd