alpha MTX/MVME SMP patches available

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Mon Jan 25 10:03:58 EST 1999

see ftp://ftp.microux.com/pub/linux/rework+SMP-pre9.patch.gz

from the README.rework+SMP file:

This set of patches is the earlier rework patches, updated to
linux-2.2.0-pre9, with the addition of MTX/MVME SMP support

Components:

 * Initial ALPHA support for SMP on Motorola MTX and MVME46xx dual CPU boards.
   Both processors run on my MTX. The changes shouldn't affect anyone running
   a pmac or non-SMP prep. If you can try this, please report success or
   failure to me. If you expect to be making lots of changes to this, get
   ahold of me (troy at microux.com) about getting access to the CVS archive
   I'm using.

   Only one proc is receiving interupts currently, and IPI is not supported.
   the kswapd portion of mm/vmscan.c had to be backported to pre4, otherwise
   kswapd would crash when SCSI was being initialized.

 * Corey Minyard's machdep rework

 * Gabriel Paubert's OpenPIC support

 * Gabriel Paubert's Preploader (in the arch/ppc/prepboot dir)
   This is required for MTX SMP. (starting the second CPU depends on residual
   data currently)

| Troy Benjegerdes    |       troy at microux.com     |    hozer at drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |