Booting 2.2.0-pre6 on a PowerStack-II (Net 4000/200)

Cort Dougan cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu
Fri Jan 22 13:04:24 EST 1999

The changes are not minor.  I'm going to hold off for a while.

arch/ppc/boot needs to be redone anyway so until that happens (which
should happen soon) I think it best to wait.

My current thinking is that there will be a arch/ppc/prepboot for prep and
a arch/ppc/8xxboot for the 8xx processor systems (mbx, rpx lite and so
on).  prepboot will likely be based on Gabriels prepboot code.  Those are
just my rough ideas right now so they're subject to change.  Anyone have
suggestions or opinions about that?

}I suspose it is too late to get this in the real 2.2.0 release?