PCI-PCI bridges

Cort Dougan cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu
Thu Jan 21 18:00:37 EST 1999

They appear to be.  I'm trying them out now.

}1. Are the changes I made valid ? I don't claim to be an expert on PPC
}   hardware. And this was my first hack of the Linux kernel on any
}   architecture.

I'm just speaking for myself, it was an oversight.  Paul may have left it
out for a reason, though.

}2. Is there a reason for PCI-PCI bridges not being supported by the newer
}   kernels ?

It shouldn't need any changes.  Does access to the other registers work?

}3. Why is the tulip code not reading the EEROM ? I'm using the standard
}   drivers/net/tulip.c. Does it require any PMAC specific changes ?