ppp problem

j k j_kn at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 06:47:38 EST 1999

May be a little out of date but wonder if any one found same problem
in R5.

I erased my June/97 installation and made a clean install of R4-lite
on a powercenter 150. Then I found the ppp doesn't work as well as
before: the machine recieves a lot packets even nothing is being
transfered (it happens on a random base). Using communicator4.05,
which comes with the R4-lite, the machine got frozen very often. Is
this a known problem? Anyway I can get into kernel debug mode to make
a dump? Or if is there  still some way to kill the X-window? (not KDE
but fvwm2. I disabled KDE)

I am not on this mail list so please send email directly to me if you
have any info.

Thanks a lot.

Jun Kong