PC Card Ethernet Support in the Installer

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 18 10:44:04 EST 1999

Adam Sherman wrote:

> Does the installer (pre-R5) have PC Card Ethernet support? Or do I
> have to do a HD install. I have a PowerBook 2400c with a Kingston
> (NE2000) card.

You have to use a kernel with the right driver built in (don't know if
this exists for your card). The installer relies on the kernel for this.
And it is better to have the driver compiled in the kernel, not as a
module, because module loading is not working very well in the pre-R5
installer.

--
Martin