Porting to NuBus PowerMacs

Hubert Figuiere Hubert.Figuiere at solsoft.fr
Thu Jan 14 03:25:01 EST 1999

According to Gary Thomas <gdt at linuxppc.org>:

[ porting to 6200 ]

> > You can find the technote here:
> >
> > http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/hardware/hardware2.html
> >

> This document does not have enough detail to be able to make a port
> for this hardware.

I know this. But it helps finding out the general architecture
and tells what is inside so we can start to gather code from
other ports that already guessed things. (like Linux Mac68k)

> As far as I know, such details are only available
> directly from Apple under NDA until they decide to "leak" the info
> out, such as releasing ports, drivers, etc.

I know this too.

> > Note that I have no porting experience. :-)
>
> We all start somewhere :-)

Well... you are probably right. I'd better try to boot Linux on
my BeBox :-)

Hub
--
> Je souhaiterais essayer Internet Explorer 4.0 sous Linux.
> Il existe 2 versions: une sous HP/UX et une sous Solaris
> Laquelle dois je utiliser?
-+- MJM in Guide du linuxien pervers : "Choisir son environnement" -+-