Porting to NuBus PowerMacs

Hubert Figuiere Hubert.Figuiere at solsoft.fr
Wed Jan 13 02:26:31 EST 1999

I'd like to know what would be the complexity of porting LinuxPPC
to NuBus PowerMacs ?

Here are my thoughts:

-we have BootX. So we can BootX LinuxPPC. We just need to build a
 fake OpenFirmware device tree for BootX so he can pass it the
 kernel

-we have the source of the Mach MicroKernel, hence we have enough
 to rewrite the specification to rewrite drivers for LinuxPPC.
 Some components and drivers may directly come from Linux Mac68k.

Note that I don't have a NuBus PowerMac. Only a 6200 (and my
PowerCenter Pro, already supported).

Any comments ?

Hub
--
> Je souhaiterais essayer Internet Explorer 4.0 sous Linux.
> Il existe 2 versions: une sous HP/UX et une sous Solaris
> Laquelle dois je utiliser?
-+- MJM in Guide du linuxien pervers : "Choisir son environnement" -+-