Question about threads in Linuxppc 5.X

John Malcolmson jam at jeol.com
Fri Jan 8 00:55:52 EST 1999

I am curious about the maximum number of native threads available per
process on linuxppc 5.X.  Specifically, I would like to confirm that
linuxppc can allow for at least 512 threads per user process.  This is
important to an application that we are considering porting to this
platform.  Currently, our closest target is AIX 4.3.2.

Secondly, I would like to know how robust the POSIX thread
implementation is considered to be.

	Thanks in advance,
		John Malcolmson

--