__init, __openfirmware, etc...

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sun Jan 3 20:42:28 EST 1999

On Sat, Jan 2, 1999, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert at geert.cs.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

>__init sections are indeed removed after kernel initialisation. The
other ones
>are removed depending on the dynamic run type of the machine, e.g. __pmac
>sections are removed on PReP, and so on. Saves quite some valuable
unswappable
>kernel memory.c

Ok. Do you know what happens to static datas declared within an __init
function ? Is it removed to ? I have a function that use a static array
for putting permanent "override" values for part of the device tree and
this array must not be removed. Should I put the static array out of the
function too or will this remove mecanism avoid bss sections ?

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>