irq cleanup

Cort Dougan cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu
Fri Jan 1 08:43:45 EST 1999

I was adding code for the QSPAN interrupts on the mbx when I decided it
would take as much work to hack it in as to redesign irq.c.  This isn't
done, but I wanted to show you what direction I was going in and get
some feedback on it.  I'm basing it on the Ingo design a bit but with some
changes so it's a better match with the ppc hardware.

This will also help with adding the yellowknife when I get a chance to
start on that.

The idea is to have a master controller, and each slave is dealt with as a
handler so we don't have such an ifdef soup.

I have it going on the powerbook now.  I'll test it out on chrp and prep
next then finish up the qspan stuff.