ramdisks, anyone?

Mayan Moudgill mayan at watson.ibm.com
Thu Feb 25 07:39:40 EST 1999

I am trying to build a small initrd, with a linuxrc that does something.
Does somebody have such a ramdisk.image available?
Or even some suggestions on what to do?

I started off by trying to make bash my /linuxrc. Bash
required ld.so.1, which required libc.so.2, etc....

This occupied more the 4MB. At that point the /dev/ram on the
machine I was building the ramdisk started giving problems -
If I built a bigger /dev/ram, after umount, dd would only
read the first 4MB.  is there something magical about 4M for ramdisks?

So I'm stuck..............

HELP!!!!!!!

:)
Mayan