Interrupt routing in prep_pci.c

Matt Porter mmporter at home.com
Wed Feb 24 07:39:58 EST 1999

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, VALETTE Eric wrote:

> eric>	1) we should know wether the board firmware correctly
> eric>	set up the PCI devices. If this is the case, the old
> eric>	interrupt scheme must be removed. Note that this
> eric>	implies to have a better scheme for identifying board than the
> eric>	inb (0x800) currently used.
>
> Cort> That's right, we should keep the setup if it's correct.  Find me a better
> Cort> scheme for identifying the board, then.
>
> For motorola, use the sytem configuration register at physaddr 0xfef80400 for
> example. I do not know all the boards but probably someone at motorola could
> make suggestions as I bet PPCBUG has code to make it :)
>
> I think  correct board dentification is a key point for code
> portability/autoconfiguration. Not working on this item will
> prevent any good restructuration as adding code for one board will
> break another...

Ok, maybe this will help stop the endless whining.

First determine Raven or Hawk existence, if it is Raven the following
works:

The key is to use the base module status register (BMSR) at I/O 0x802

0xe0  MCP750
0xe1  MCPN750
0xf7  MTX no parport
0xf8  MTX w/ parport
0xf9  MVME2300
0xfa  MVME2300SC or MVME2600 w/100BaseT (use SYSCR 0xfef80400 to determine
      which: bits 31-24 of SYSCR are 0xfd for 2300's or 0xfe for others)
0xfb  MVME2600/2700 w/712 I/O
0xfc  MVME2600/2700 w/761 I/O
0xfd  MVME3600 w/712 I/O
0xfe  MVME3600 w/761 I/O
0xff  MVME1600

Now, if it is a Hawk, you have a new architecture which has no board
registers.  VPD is stored in EEPROM across the Hawk I2C bus.  Write the
I2C lib for Hawk and parse the data.  It is _much_ more detailed than what
is available from the old register sets.  The first board with this scheme
is the MVME2400.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter at home.com