atyfb on PowerMac 7200 works

Thomas Bjørn Andersen bjorn at daimi.au.dk
Mon Feb 22 20:56:06 EST 1999

Hi all,

Last night I cvs'ed the linux-dev tree from samba, compiled and
rebooted my PowerMac 7200/90.  It worked like a charm, but what was
even more surprising, was that my ATI XClaim 3D Pro also worked.  I
think this is the first kernel that has ever worked with atyfb and the
7200 series.  There was something funky with vmodes, though, but I
didn't have time to look at it.

Thomas
--
YOW!!  What should the entire human race DO??  Consume a fifth
 of CHIVAS REGAL, ski NUDE down MT. EVEREST, and have a wild