Interrupt routing in prep_pci.c

Cort Dougan cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu
Mon Feb 22 05:28:46 EST 1999

It doesn't work many of the boards I have.  The residual data isn't
always there and isn't always right when it is there.  The comment about
it going away soon was referring to the code to use residual data - but it
turns out that we can't always depend on it.  I still don't like the way
we do it, though.

}> > Rather than having hard-coded tables, can't the interrupt routing be determined
}> > from either firmware or the interrupt controller itself?  The comment at the
}> > top of the file is that this will go away soon.  What are you planning to
}> > replace it?
}>
}> Indeed, that's what I do from residual data on PreP machines and it seems
}> to work on several kinds of boards. You'll find it embedded somewhere
}> in the patch file at: