Restructuring Efforts

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Thu Feb 18 03:32:33 EST 1999

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999, Cort Dougan <cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu> wrote:

>With metered (and well behaved :) changes going into a linux/ppc cvs tree
>I think that wouldn't be a problem.  So I can get a handle on the scope of
>things, how many people would want r/w access to a linux/ppc cvs tree?

I would prefer that rather than one on vger. Many parts of Linux are
still really obscure to me and I'm really afraid of breaking things. I
prefer having to deal with two trees: an "official" one with qualified
patches than can be tested by users and that will ultimately go to Linus,
and a "developement" tree containing more cutting-edge stuffs.

However, the problem that will quickly come from that is the difficulty
to merge changes from the dev tree to vger, at least until 2.3.x is split.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>