back to gcc under pre-R5

Gary Thomas gdt at linuxppc.org
Thu Feb 18 00:34:31 EST 1999

On 17-Feb-99 Andreas Tobler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to get back to gcc under pre-R5? If so. where can I get the (S)RPMS?
>
> And how much do it affect when I build the libstdc++ with fno-vtable-thunks?
> Do I have to rebuild the whole system, since the new glibc needs vtables?
> It's only because egcs has bug which is for my subject killing.

There are no current RPMs for GCC to my knowledge.  The last ones I made nearly
two years ago and gave up on shortly thereafter because EGCS was much superior.

What bug in EGCS is so terrible that you are considering this move?
Which version of EGCS have you tried?

There will be EGCS-1.1.2 in the very near future which has many PowerPC problems
fixed, perhaps you can wait.

Gary Thomas                              |
email: gdt at linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |