platform specs (was: PReP spec)

Matt Porter mmporter at home.com
Sat Feb 13 15:45:17 EST 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Cort Dougan wrote:

Yes, but from my point of view it is the most important feature. Sticking
with prep memmaps is fine for the current average configuration of a
single or dual cpu setup with a few PCI slaves.  When people start putting
together systems with 8-20 CPU's peering over the CPCI bus then PReP
simply won't work because of all the windows that will need to be opened
to map the other processors' board resources in local space.  It's good to
keep in mind for the future...

--
Matt Porter
mmporter at home.com