Linux 2.2.1 Kernel scsi troubles

Eric Guenterberg mavpion at fire.csua.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 10 05:59:55 EST 1999

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Eric Guenterberg <mavpion at fire.csua.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> > I recently compiled the the Linux 2.2.1 kernel, but I can't get it to boot
> > because when it is booting it aborts the reading of the harddrive that
> > contains my root partition.
> >
> > I have a PowerMac 7600/132
> [snip]
> > It says:
> > scsi host 0 aborted
>
> Could you try the kernel (vmlinux.gz) in
> ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/linux-pmac/test/
> and let me know if it does the same thing?

Same error--it says "MESH: host 0 Aborted"

I have a MESH driver for my internal scsi chain. It does recognize the
cdrom (the other device on MESH). and the my jaz drive, which is on the
other chain.

I am using BootX. I couldn't get Boot Variables working again (I have my
root on the first device, which also holds my primary mac partition).

A 2.1.131 kernel does work.

--Eric Guenterberg